1.01.2008

resolving not to make resolutions

I've never been one to make resolutions for New Year's (like how I'm not one to sit at the table during Thanksgiving and exclaim what I'm thankful for in front of everyone). I think that one should be reflective all year long. Take me for instance. I often remind myself that smoking and drinking is not good for me after I have had a 5th of Jack and a pack of Marlboro's. (just kidding, I don't drink Jack).

I'm not trying to change myself. Rather, I look at it as I am trying to acquire better habits. Eat healthier, get more rest, reduce my amount of lying, stop whoring around. They are the sort of things all of us want to improve. Of course, you have to recognize that you have a problem (or 10) in the first place. I have to accept that I'm a Patsy (go figure).

My genuine year-'round resolutions tend to be along the lines of resolving to try harder, take chances, don't take things personally, and go after my dreams. I think that day after day I'm improving little by little. And that's all I can truly hope for. So, I hope all of you had a great New Year's and I hope that your resolutions become realities.

No comments: