1.19.2008

a what-cake?

If today was any day in the 3 months or so leading up to Thanksgiving I would be grabbing IPJ by his home-made knitted scarf and dragging him up to the UWS and standing amongst the throngs of hipsters to wait for this to open. However, we live in a post-cupcake "oh-my-god-I-can't-wait-until-next-week" apocalyptic world. It has been... wow, I don't know how long it has been since our last cupcake-off? I don't think I remember what a cupcake even tastes like. I used to be able to taste the sugar and butter residue left in my mouth after eating our little indulgences for at least 2 or 3 days. But now, I'm lucky if I remember what a cupcake looks like. It also helps that the cupcakes from that place weren't the miraculous experience they were hyped up to be. Don't remember? Refresh your memory here. Or maybe I wanted them to be bad. You decide.

1 comment:

ipj said...

I know I said 'no way' to going to the UWS but today's a new day and my teeth are feeling a little too clean.