1.10.2008

5 things to know about me

1. I love laughing. I even make myself laugh. I think it's hysterical when I think about someone or something that was funny in the past and I can recall it and laugh again. Also, I love it that I can say or write something funny enough to make myself laugh. Every now and then I'll try to say something funny and I can't get it out with a straight face. I can't help it. It may be a bit conceded to say so, but I think it's one of my best qualities.

2. I don't know how to dress for winter. Seriously. I get it wrong everyday. I grew up in the greater West Palm Beach area where there are only 3 types of weather: humid and hot, hot and rainy, and the occasional freak cold spell. I lived in Florida for all of my formative years and never once owed a sweater, scarf, mittens, long underwear, etc. I only owned one pair of closed toed shoes (tennis shoes) but they were rarely worn, jackets were for fashion purposes and usually stayed in my car, and when it got cold (in my terms that means below 60 degrees) I put on a sweatshirt. Since I moved up here I have reluctantly bought winter appropriate wear, but I either layer too much or not enough and I can't...figure...it...out!

3. I cry every time I watch the movie Forest Gump. I hold it together really well until Forest is standing at Jenny's grave and tells her that Little Forest wrote her a letter and that his daddy wasn't allowed to read it. The waterworks get turned on at that point and I loose my snot. I've seen that movie at least 30 times and I still turn into a goober by the final 10 minutes. I try to be so tough, but I'm a girl on the inside.

4. I love coffee in a bad way. I have a ton of memories that surround coffee. For Christmas this year I received at least 5 Starbucks gift cards. My favorite roast is French. I loath flavored coffees. I am willing to give up sugar in my coffee but never the cream. I own a "Grind and Brew" Cuisinart coffee maker that grinds my beans, filters my water and keeps my coffee warm for hours (but brewed coffee is only good for up to 30-40 minutes at most before it gets bitter). I love that coffee maker so much that I consider it part of the family. I also own a french press for those days that I only need a small amount of coffee or when my beloved Cuisinart is not well.

5. I'm a huge flirt. Okay, that's not a surprising thing to know, but I didn't title this post "5 NEW things to know about me." I'm usually confidant, and outgoing, and social, and open to new things, and friendly, and (as someone recently told me as one of the things they like about me) forward. Isaac always picks on me for being flirty at the box office with all of the older gentleman patrons that come to pick up tickets from me. You should ask him to do his impression of flirty-me. It's hysterical and so inaccurate and involves breasts squeezing but it's worth seeing it. So far, my flirting hasn't gotten me into trouble. But then again, trouble at 20 is different than trouble at almost 30; so by that statement... flirting hasn't gotten me into trouble that I couldn't get myself out of.

No comments: