1.04.2008

afternoon delight

Why is it, that on my days off, I get sick. "cough, cough." It's like my body knows that I want to go out and enjoy the city when I have loads of free time and it retaliates because I want to have fun. Sucks!

And speaking of sucking... did any of you see Die Mommie Die? I did. Last night. And I'm sorry that I did. The theater building was amazing. It was at New World Stages (which I hadn't been to before) and all of the theaters were underground. It was converted into legit theaters from a series of movie theaters. You have to walk down this long flight of stairs to one level, have your ticket scanned, and then walk down another long flight of stairs to get to the theaters. I felt as if I was walking down the direct route to hell. Little did I know that in hell you spend your time watching revivals of Charles Busch plays staring Charles Busch. Perhaps I'm sick because my body is punishing me for having sat through the entire thing. Damn my theatre ethic and manners!

Anyway, I'm spending my day cleaning out a closet. I'll have to take pictures and make a little closet-log for you in another post. But I'm happy to report that I have cleaned out enough of the closet to be able to walk inside of it. I have been in and out of the closet all day. I'm sure that this statement is no surprise to any of you. More later. It's exciting stuff.

In between closet-purging duties, I've been keeping myself distracted today. The usual. Writing a post, doing dishes, doing my Risky Business impersonation while I have the apartment to myself, prank calls, (oh wait! I'm having a flash back to when I was 13). I'm enjoying it.

The banging and hammering and drilling in the apartment next door to my apartment has, for now, subsided. Now the contractors are talking in the hall way and running in and out of my building (it's really small) and walking up and down the stairs and it's really annoying. I guess I can't have it all if I stay at home all day. Perhaps my prince will come (or at least call) and take me away to where there are less people and noises and keep me distracted until my real life punches out it's time card for the day. Nice thought.

No comments: