1.08.2008

how forgetting got me to think today

As I sit on my couch, typing this post and listening to girly-rock on pandora, I am reflecting on the events of my day and thinking about my life as I fast approach the age of 30.

I slept in a little late, but I wasn't in a rush to hop out of bed as it was my day off. I had a full day scheduled with a new yoga class, finishing up the closets, and getting laundry done. I felt the day was off to a good start when I smelled the coffee brewing while still under the warmth of my blanket. After a little self motivation, I finally rolled out of bed, drank my one obligatory cup of wake up juice, and preceded to shower. Things going well so far.

I compiled all of my day's essentials into my backpack this morning, grabbed my yoga mat, grabbed my key chain, walked out of the apartment, shut the door behind me. SHIT! Right then and there I realized that I forgot to put my apartment keys back on my key chain (last night I attempted to go out for a jog and had placed a few keys in my shoe for safe keeping) and I found myself locked out of my apartment. Thank goodness I had my phone and wallet on me. I preceded to call the landlady for assistance and she said she's was White Plains but would be back by noon. No problem since my class was scheduled to end at 12:30.

Yoga was amazing. I haven't taken a yoga class in many moons, but it was a wonderful experience nonetheless. I felt so good and confidant (especially since IPJ taught me so well in our pilates sessions) and I required little assistance from the instructor. I rocked that class! I can't wait to go back on Thursday.

So I came back home around 1pm to find my landlady not yet home. It seems she thought if I wasn't going to be home anytime soon that she wouldn't be either. I didn't have to wait long for her arrival though. I also didn't have to wait long to find out that she doesn't have the key to my apartment. Off to lunch and then a leisurely train ride to midtown to obtain my other's keys.

The rest of the events are not as exciting. I got the keys and came back home. Easy, breezy.

Though my day is far from over, I still want to report my day's reflections. The yoga instructor mentioned a couple of times today about making the resolution to take care of our bodies and to take things easy. What does my body need? What can I let go of? I know that I have the power to change anything in my life and I'd rather change than make the resolution to change. As I am to turn 30 soon, I will take better care of my life (physically, emotionally, spiritually) so I can live well the next 30 years. Nothing is worth the bad stresses I feel in life (as opposed to good stress like school and a busy social life). Nothing is worth the fighting I engage in with others. Nothing is worth me loosing or forgetting about myself in order to make others happy. I want to be happy. I want to live in the moment. I want to feel good about myself. I want to be active and alive. I want to turn my wants into wills. And I will do anything to achieve my wants.

So, hopefully I can get through the year without hearing about what my life is lacking from my 'rents. Hopefully I can improve those relationships that need the work. Hopefully I can get back onto the track that I was on when I first moved to New York. Hopefully I won't find myself in the situation of being locked out of my apartment ever again. Hopefully.

No comments: