12.30.2007

winter break check in

My break from school is going well so far. I've been fairly rested, didn't gorge myself on the big holiday meal, was somewhat conservative during my holiday gift giving, patiently waited for the return of the cupcake battle, played tons of spider solitaire, contemplated some frivolous actions but restrained myself, continued reading a book that I didn't finish over the summer, and am jotting down as many ideas as I can cram into a journal since my horoscope said that I'm at an all time high for creativity. Whew!

I still have a lot to do...

... like cleaning out my closet. Now, I'm all about organizing, but my closets are 2 inches away from being useless. They are long and narrow (but not in the good sense of the image) and I have to walk in sideways to be able to get to my shelves. I've done the best I could. But it also becomes a matter of trying to keep up the organization. So, my other has wisely said that I can take care of the closet in the office. I think this was said for two reasons; because he knows that I would probably kill him if he got in my way, also because for some strange reason I can't recall what I ate for dinner last night but I could tell you where every object in my house is when asked because of where I put it.

... like knitting. I miss it and haven't had the time for in since the summer when it's too hot to do it. I've been meaning to make scarves for friends as presents, but it either takes me too long to make anything or it gets too complicated. It shouldn't. It's just a scarf. Perhaps I'll make a bunch of wrist warmers instead.

... like growing out my hair. I had my hair cut, and I had it highlighted, and it's short and blond. Everyone seems to like it but I'm still in a double-whammy shock. The color just needs to mellow out a bit and I just need to grow an inch or two of hair and it'll all be fine.

... like catch up on my theatre going. I recently saw Peter and Jerry at Second Stage and it was wonderful. I love Edward Albee's work and Bill Pullman who starred, and I've now fallen in love with Dallas Roberts who played Jerry. I can't believe I waited until the final weekend to see the show, but thank god for Friday matinees and student rush tickets.

... like start to think about what will happen to me once I graduate. In a little more than 4 weeks I'll begin my final undergraduate semester. I'm excited and sad at the same time. I like the safety of school but at the same time I'm so ready for it all to be over. But I don't want to grow up and get a real job but I don't want to be in school for the next 10 years.

... like have an early mid-life. Just for the heck of it. Maybe. No. Yes. Not sure. Yet.

No comments: