12.09.2007

short and not so sweet

For those of you who may not know (gee whiz, here I go assuming that none of you know this) but the cupcake battle is experiencing an armistice (what a great freaking word). It's as if we are all on an extended legal holiday. Nice.

Until today. The theater I work at was having a fundraising benefit, complete with hors d'oeuvres, gift bags, balloons, etc, etc, etc. There was also an offering of free ice cream. When my boss told me that the ice cream was available for staff I began to have sugarplum fairy visions of last years ice cream extravaganza (which featured individually packed portions of Cold Stone Creamery). I grinned from ear to ear upon the though of french vanilla mixed with Reese cups and caramel. So I volunteered to gather a couple of afternoon treats for Isaac and me.

What initially was a smorgasbord of 9 promised choices turned into 4 bland options of hand scooped Ben and Jerry's. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking an ice cream horse in the mouth and I love Ben and Jerry's, but where was the chocolate chip cookie dough? The chubby hubby? Phish food? Half - baked!!!!!!!!???????

After I coolly asked the unhappy scooper for 2 orders of mint chocolate chip, I brought the ice creams back to my office and quietly ate my scoop before the mini heater melted what was left of my sweet dream.

No comments: