3.23.2008

tea and sympathy

I got up early this morning to have tea with my friend Irene (I love her. She's so nice and sweet and talented). It was really nice to start my day with good company and darjeeling oolong. Especially after several "what the hell" moments.

1. stupid youtube: I tried for hours to get a video posted to my blog. You may have seen it (if not scroll down) and it was totally worth the effort to have it on there. I am not, by any means, technologically savvy. It finally took IPJ to show me the embedded text that's next to the video itself. Duh!

2. RCTs: You might think that between eggies and cupcakes that there would be no more room in my life for another sweet delicious treat. And how wrong you would be. IPJ has been making RCTs (Rice Crispy Treats for all of you who aren't on the d.l. for the anagram) at work. They are the breakfast of champions. Unlike a cupcake or a handful of the devil's work I don't feel guilty for having a square of RCT that is the size of my foot. Who needs real food anymore?

3. my mom: I love this woman. But she's got no tact. I called today to wish her and my dad a Happy Easter. We chatted. She asked me if I was enjoying the birthday money they gave me and I told her that I was using it for small things (like lattes or dvds). She said that was good. Then she preceded to tell me that their mortgage payments went up recently because of some insurance they had to buy for their house. There was no segway into that part of the conversation. What was I supposed to do or say? Is it just me or do you not talk about someone's gift and then precede to tell them your strapped for cash? I guess Jesus died on the cross so my mom can make me feel inadvertently guilty. Thanks, JC!

No comments: