2.01.2008

a cupcake does not a lunch make

Or does it? Hmmmm.

Today I found myself making a trip to Two Little Red Hens on the UES to take a picture of a cupcake for the cupcake blog. Fine,... I found myself going to the UES to EAT a cupcake so as not to be too conspicuous that I was taking a picture for the cupcake blog. Yummy. Never mind that I should have gone directly to school to do homework, not stop at "go" and not collect my $200. My $200 was a Yorkville Cream cupcake. It was a vanilla cake with chocolate ganash frosting, chocolate shavings and a shot of pastry cream in the middle. I'm really digging the little suckers with the sweet suprise in the middle. Of course I had some coffee to wash out any chocoalte left on my chompers. As pentance for eating nothing but a cupcake for lunch, I walked the 18 blocks and 2 avenues from the bakery to school which is in addition to the 1 1/2 hours of yoga I'll be doing later tonight.

However, it was and is worth that cupcake. I'm using food right now to substitute for something else in my life. That's right, you guessed it.... bordom. I'm not feeling much of anything right now and eating a cupcake seems, I don't know.... reasonable? sane? comforting? what you would do? Perhaps all of the above. Perhaps not of it. All I know it that after eating that cupcake I didn't feel guilty or disgusted or elated. I just didn't feel anything. Not even a sugar rush, which is what I want (metaphorically, spiritually, and/or psychologically speaking).

By the way.... please disregard any spelling errors on this posting. The spell check on blogspot seems not to be working for me. I have to wait to get to a computer that has a wordprocessor program so I can correct any and all errors that make me look as if I never passed 5th grade.

*after some consideration and a verbal comment from IPJ, I am going to leave all misspellings in this post. It's funnier that way.

No comments: