2.03.2008

because I feel a pattern comming on...

I am, yet again, inspired by MSN's eye post to write about my own eye doctor experience.

When I realized that I could no longer claim that I was a dual resident of New York and Florida (which allowed me to keep a Florida license with a New York address on it), I decided that it was time to switch my driver's license over to an official New York State License, while changing all of my offical documents, when I changed my last name after I married. I have a history of bad experiences at the DMV and I figured that obtaining a New York license would be a worse event then all of my previous experiences at the Florida DMV combined (as a side note, let me just say that the last time I was at the Florida DMV the person, if you would call that monster a person, who was attending me made me cry). To try to circumvent any problem that may arise, I decided to get an eye exam and have the optometrist fill out the necessary paperwork that would get me through DMV hell one second faster.

At the optometrist' s office, which was at the Costco that's near my house, btw, because it was close to my home and they took my insurance, they checked my right eye, then my left. Then the doctor said something about "where you ever told as a child that you had a lazy eye?" What? Then I received some eye drops that dilated my pupils. I had to wait 30 minutes before the doctor could see me again. I figured in advance that I would have to wait for my initial appointment like all other doctors offices so I brought my latest Harry Potter book to read in the waiting room. Can you imagine my disappointment when I couldn't read Harry Potter with dilated pupils? So, I ended up walking around Costco for 30 minutes trying to kill time and not bump into the extra large shopping carts filled with wholesale goodness.

The End.

2 comments:

mynewshoes said...

So glad to provide inspiration...let me know if you want me to write about any particular topics so I can inspire more intentionally. Perhaps I should write about...self-motivation...?

tarak said...

have you been having good experiences with self-motivation?