9.13.2007

la costra cupcake

As you know ipj, isaac, shanel and I are having a cupcake-off at work. And for those of you that don't know, click here and shame on you. Anyway...I was reading Gothamist and found out about Magnolia bakery opening a new outlet in the UWS. Well, a link in that article led me to this.

Apparently there is a cupcake war being waged in this town. And it's being compared to the mafia. Don't believe me? Read the article. It's hysterical. Especially the part where the owner of Buttercup Bake Shop (who is the former co-founder of Magnolia) said "if baking in Manhattan were the drug trade, then cupcakes would be crack cocaine." Yeah,... as if crack cocaine went straight to your hips!

Otherwise, who knew that the four of us would find ourselves in the middle of a turf war. Jonesing for ice(ing) week after week, never getting the same (sugar) rush that we did the first time. I know that there is a history of substance addiction in my family, but who knew that my drug of choice would be cupcakes? Doesn't matter, since I'm in denial that I have a problem in the first place.

2 comments:

ipj said...

That just means more places for us to try. It made me like Magnolia more but which one of us is going to go out to Brooklyn?

mynewshoes said...

Welcome to blog-world! Feel free to link me and I'll do the same...I've been living vicariously through the cupcake wars...it's pretty entertaining, but certainly not as tasty.