1.13.2009

who says trivia is usless?!

Funny thing just happened to me. Like, 5 minutes ago, an older gentleman came up to my window at work and asked me, "Do you know the show City of Angles?" I said that I never saw it but that I did know of it. Then he asked me if I knew who stared it in. "Yeah, James Naughton," I replied.

The guy looked like he was going to faint. I asked if that was the right answer, because I also knew of two other actors who were in the original cast and was ready to give him an alternative answer. Then he said, "Awww, Jimmy Naughton, Jimmy Naughton. Wait until I tell my wife. You don't know how many people I've asked that and they didn't know." How many random box offices up and down the Great White Way did he walk into just to ask that question? He looked so relieved to finally have the answer.

Then he asked when that show was on Broadway. I didn't exactly know that, but I did tell him it was defiantly over 10 years ago (before my great exodus out of Florida). I found out that he was a retired stagehand, who didn't work that show by the way, and just loved musicals I guess.

Point of the story. There is none. Except that I'm a Broadway nerd. And random trivia will always come in handy. Oh, and because that moment was a prime example of why I love New York. That experience would never happen to me anywhere else. Lastly, I love that show, too. And, why don't I own that cast album?

No comments: