1.03.2009

is 2008 over already?

Hey ya'll! I just realized that I haven't written in, like, forever. So, I want to start 2009 right by being a little more diligent on my writing (the blog, play, and anonymous letter-to-the editor sorts).

I guess I'll start by recapping last month.

As most of you knew, I went on a week long trip to Virginia with my other. I joked that I wanted everyone to wish me luck and pray that they don't see my picture on NBC's Nightly News, due to me potentially blowing my top and the top off of my other. Surprisingly, and I have to emphasize SURPRISINGLY, we got along great. Better than great in fact. It's as if we were... friends. Yeah, I know, it blows my mind too! It turned out to be a really relaxing and special trip for the both of us and we didn't ever want to leave.

And speaking of special... a few days after I came back home, I babysat a very sweet kitty-cat. Murphy!!! So cute, so sweet, and sometimes so needy. Murph's owners went away for the holiday and gave Murphy free-range of the house. Bbaker and I took turns stopping over to give Murphy love and attention and food. I was told that Murphy's regular m.o. was "play with me for a little while," then, "kiss my grits, I'm outtie!" Well... Murphy couldn't get enough of us. Play, play, play, that's all she wanted to do. Which was fine, I mean I can't blame her. I am irresistible after all. I can only hope that Murphy is back to her normal self for the sake of Kansas and Mookie.

New Year's Eve saw me, my other, my friend Jessica, a couple-set my other and I are good friends with, and their pooches. To make a long story short... weather was very cold, dinner was wonderful, wine was plentiful, dogs were entertaining, ball dropped, Jessica's only New Year's kiss option were two dogs she was allergic to (she opted out of a kiss this year), one of the dog's had a bit of an accident on my rug, owner embarrassed, mood subsided, guests left.


The next day, my other and i were invited to have dinner with a couple of friends of mine who live in a place in Queens I'm sure none of you have heard of; Glendale. I know Isaac complains about me going out to places in Queens that's not reachable by subway, but they are really nice people, the couple that invited us has a house to themselves, and we got there by a direct bus that went from LIC to 5 blocks away from their house. Did I mention that they owned a house, with a back yard (and you know how I feel about private outdoor space, right Josts)? I'm really happy that we went out there, and we had so much fun.

So, I think that's it. 2009 is going well. The best part is that I got to spend it, so far, with wonderful close friends and loved ones. That's what I'm truly thankful for. And I can only hope that I'll get to see the rest of you soon and you are in good spirits and health. Happy New Year!

No comments: