9.24.2008

some excuse

The following phone conversation took place this evening between 11:00pm and 11:10pm.

Me: Hey, so, um, I know I had the day off and all, but I have to apologize about something.
Other: Okay.
Me: Well, after the doctor's appointment I went to work and I found out some gossip and all... (insert really long story about the gossip).
Other: What are you apologizing about?
Me: Well, after work, Kansas invited me over to her apartment to visit Murphy, and, well, I don't know how to say it, so I guess I'll just tell you the truth.
Other: (silence)
Me: Murphy held me hostage and wouldn't let me come home in time to do the laundry.
other: What?
Me: Murphy. Kansas's cat? I came over for a visit and she tricked me into staying. I got home so late that it was too late to start a load of laundry. I'm sorry.
Other: (long silence) Hmm.

No comments: