5.14.2008

what the f*** is your hang up?

I think it's a real shame that I don't get good reception on tv when it comes to the basic channels. It's even a bigger shame that I don't get NBC channel 4 clearly on my tv. Why, you ask? Two reasons. 1. Because I love 30 Rock and Law and Order: SVU more than I love most of my relatives. 2. Channel 4 News anchor Sue Simmons and her potty mouth.

Monday night Ms. Simmons and her co-anchor Chuck Scarborough were taping a promo for the 11:00 evening news. Ms. Simmons didn't realize that they were taping live. She read from her prompter and then said one of those 5 words you can't say on local tv. Click on the link above if you want to hear the actual promo with the f-bomb. What's even better (and when I say better I mean worse) is that a former colleague of her's says that she "likes the sauce." After you watch the promo, scroll down that page and look at the video that shows her falling off of her seat. Oh yeah, she's a lush.

Personally, I don't see what the fuck's the problem with saying f***. It's such a great word. It's a noun, verb, adjective, and an interjection. I can see why you wouldn't want your kids to use it, or why it's not appropriate in a business context, but in many other social situations it's totally acceptable. I guess unless you are talking about f***ing, as in a sexual sense, and that topic is still pretty iffy for lots of people, you might not want to touch that word with a 10 foot pole. But I say fuck it all, and use that word gloriously and proudly. Our fore-fathers brought forth a something and a something else, so we can say what we fucking please. Did I get my fucking point across?

No comments: