11.05.2008

and speaking of politics...

Is there anyone else out there who's as excited as I am? My bff Shay called to say she was so happy that America elected a black man (as she is herself black). She also said she was sad that her mom didn't live to see this day, but she knows there are some special people in heaven looking down on this moment.

Also on the phone call news of the day, my dad, an ardent Republican supporter, called today to say that he still loved me even if the election didn't go his way. I told him that I loved him even if he didn't apologise for being underestimating and wrong. We reminded each other that, although the next few months and years will be hard, we all must do everything we can to help our new President during this difficult time primarily by stopping all of this partisan bickering. Then he proceeded to say what every hardened Republican will no doubtingly say in the next few days... that it was W's fault. I decided to play it classy by not reminding my dad that he voted for Bush... twice. I'll save that for later.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

my parents keep text messaging me about how "we won", but I have a nagging feeling that they are mocking me in some way...