10.06.2007

i've got a terminal case of the beach blues



Above is a picture of Lantana Beach. This is one of the beaches that I used to go to growing up in Florida (hmmm, no swamp here mr.o.) Beau-ti-ful, huh? I found this online. Do you know how many pictures of blue-haired republicans I had to go through to get this photo?

I've been thinking about life in the quiet lane recently. I would be so happy if I could be sitting on the beach, with my toes in the sand, watching the waves break on the shore right now. Instead of spending my day in the warm sun with the breeze in my face, I swam up against pedestrian traffic in Times Square...both ways, I sat inside a windowless room for over 8 hours, and I wore a phone head set and stared at a glaring computer screen today. I spent my day experiencing the antithesis of enjoyment and fun. Calgon, take me away!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm loving it in the big apple. I have a lot of good friends, I see lots of great art, and I am a part of a very serious dessert battle. I have a lot going for me. I'm just whinning for a vacation.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

Is that a gator on that there beach? Shoo! Shoo!

tarak said...

The tractor ran over the gator. so there!