10.27.2011

it's not my party and I'll still cry if I want to

A family member of mine is getting married this weekend. Instead of being happy, I'm pissing and moaning (internally, of course) about the whole thing. It cuts into my Halloween weekend. It takes 8 hours to drive to the destination and 8 hours back. With a toddler, that means two days of travel for a 3 hour event. I was asked to be a bridesmaid. I spent $40 on a dress and $140 on alterations. The dress HAD to be floor length. Going to this event cuts into any other potential friend or family visiting. I don't even get along with this family member. I'm just participating for the sake of the family.

Ugh!! I have so many conflicted and unresolved issues with this person and the family has a general consensus to NOT bring up grievances with this person for fear of causing problems. This person has spend their entire teenage and adult life causing others problems and we don't discuss with this person because we don't want to upset them. CRAP!

I just had to type this out because there are some other people in my life who do not want to hear my complaining. So, I say, thank you. Thank you, dear faceless internet, for not judging and just being there to hear my bitching and moaning.

No comments: