10.25.2011

just sayin'

I'm not crazy about Savannah. Oh, sure, the historic homes are beautiful, there are some good entertainments, the culture is better than decent, and the people watching is top notch. But......

....I hate that everyone who lives here is looking for another place to move to or they are southern-snob. Either way, it's very hard to be friends with them.

....I hate that for all of the "food festivals" they have here (and OMG, peeps, they have one every month), the food is sub-par. Seriously, people, just because it's the south and because the perception is that everyone here is a raving alcoholic does not mean it's okay to soak your baklava in ouzu. It taste like ass.

....I hate that everything of general necessity has to be gotten to via car. I live in a great "walkable" neighborhood. I should be able to walk to most of the places I need to go to, like the doctor's office.

....I hate that crime is just something everyone here lives with, because it happens to just about everyone.

....I hate that I don't feel at home in the city that is supposed to be known for it's southern hospitality.

No comments: