12.15.2011

christmas time

I am determined to make this a wonderful Christmas; so help me god if it kills me and everyone within a 15 foot radius. I finally have the space to put up my tree, decorate my windows and other interesting architectural accents, make wreaths (yes, I made two so far), and a closet big enough to really hide the presents. I even made homemade bows. Me...handmade....fluffed bows made from ribbon with wires...too cool.

The best part of all....I am constructing a play kitchen for the babe. I was all set to purchase a wooden one from somewhere and then I saw a mommy-blogger's site and she had made a toddler-sized coffee shop made from cardboard. Genius! Toddlers don't know their own strength, so if it gets destroyed or if she grows out of it I won't cry from having spend over a hundred dollars on a toy that lasted for a short while. Plus, I can put all of that money I spent on accessories for the kitchen, like a play coffee maker and toaster so my daughter can get into the habit of making mommy breakfast. I hope I can remember to take pics of the process. I've got one piece 80% constructed. Woohoo, mom's on fire and she's smokin'!

Ah, now for the worst part of all....no snow, no friends, no big f'in tree surrounded by tourists. I'm sick over not being in NYC this year. My in-laws were in town earlier this week and one of them asked my other if he missed NY. "Yeah, sometimes." Insert knife in heart. Every time I asked that to him the answer was always, no. I was starting to believe that he either A. didn't have a heart, or B. was protecting mine because I made a huge leap of faith to follow him down the I-95 corridor for a job when he already had a pretty good job back in NY. *sigh*

I guess I'm trying to overcompensate the Christmas cheer around here. Oh well, at least I'll have my creature comforts and my handmade wreaths. (and my family).

No comments: