11.17.2009

heard the news yet?

I'm sure all but the random person who reads my blog knows that I recently gave birth to a beautiful little girl. So, I'm not sure how often I'll be updating here, but I promise that I'll have rants and funny ditties that I'll want to occasionally share. For example...

I'm sitting at home, watching my other and my baby sleeping on the couch in front of me. I'm having a problem with a site that I'm trying to order from (it won't keep krap in the kart- and yes, that is an intentional misspelling, IPJ) and I'm trying to heal my very sore and very cracked nipples (yes, I'm being very blunt Isaac). I'm so completely heartbroken that I'm having problems nutritionally providing for my little girl. Pumping is a very very slow process right now, I'm feeding her almost every hour because she's getting so little milk, and I'm exhausted from the lack of sleep. It's so unfair and all I want to do is cry. I'm praying that it's not a serious infection and I am seeking the help of a lactation consultant. I hope it all works out soon. I desperately want her to grow up happy and healthy on breastmilk and not formula.

I've never felt so instantly in love before. It was a little different with my other. Several people in my life recognized that I was in love before I did and by the time I realized it it felt as if I was always in love with this person. With the baby, I look at her and I smile, perhaps cry a little (because I'm so happy), and shake my head in amazement that I was able to produce a miracle. I'm so lucky to be a mommy. Given my history with my birth parents, I feel a sense of pride when I hold her and drive to make sure I give her what I never received.

So in short, my love may keep me from writing often. I enjoy this blog community very much, but I absolutely adore my child.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

Preggo No More!

BB said...

I'm in love with her too!! I don't blame you one bit. YOu call me if you need me.