11.05.2009

does this mean i'm one of your friends in low places?

Well, it's been 3 days since I've said something like, "No, I don't even have one ticket. If I had a ticket I wouldn't tell you the show was sold out, now would I." (sigh) I've been home, by myself, trying to prepare for baby. Last minute dusting and laundry and shopping. (ugh) Domestic duties.

So hard to get out of the routine that is work. I miss my co-workers who are also my friends. So I miss my friends. Alot. Who's going to call me around noon and say "What are you doing for lunch, preggo?" Who's going to try to talk to me through a wall? Who's going to sing songs about vegetables? Who? The baby won't, that's for sure. She'll be nice to me. She won't call me a dirty slut or a cheap whore or a nasty bitch. But I do miss those terms of endearment. I miss my other non-work related friends too. All of them. I just want to go out shopping, or to a restaurant for brunch, or to a play. I guess I'm preparing a life of friends coming over to coo and smile over the baby, of play-dates, of doctors appointments, of mommy and me classes, of mommy and me everything. I'm looking forward to it, even if my voice is the only one I'll hear for 8 -10 hours most days. (waaaahhh)

Please ignore my whine. The loneliness must be setting in pretty deep. Perhaps I should find one of these to talk to:


Naaa. I'll walk down the road of loneliness, but I won't travel the path of craziness. Yet. The baby and I will be just fine.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

We miss you, too! Even though you'll be Mommy at home, you'll always be Dirty Slut Preggo here.

xoxo

BB said...

I miss your voice through the wall....and your face when I peek around it. Where are you??