10.06.2008

self-medicating for seasonal depression

Growing up Margaritaville- style really prevented me from embracing the colder of the seasons. And you would think, that after almost 8 years of living north of the Mason-Dixon line, I would have a clue, any clue, about how to function in and take advantage of what autumn has to bring. I'm trying.

And to show my attempt at appreciating fall, let me share what I enjoy about the season.

-Hot apple cider
-Colorful scarves and tights
-All foods made out of pumpkin
-The pretty browns and oranges and reds on fall leaves.

If there are any things/activities/events/etc that you would file under the heading "fall experience" that you think I should love, please share. In the mean time, please excuse me, while I go out for a hot chocolate. My fingers are like ice cubes right now.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

Not just scarves and tights, but layering in general is pretty awesome. I love bundling up in the fall when it still feels cozy, unlike in the dead of winter when it becomes a necessity of survival.

And soups! Lots and lots of yummy smelling soups!