10.15.2008

dependant economics

Long story short... I'm at work, filling in for a sick co-worker.

Long whine short... Though I'm sad about not having the day off and getting some errands ran and seeing some friends earlier than expected, as I told IPJ, Christmas is coming. Momma needs a new pair of shoes (I didn't say the second part. I was just giving you an image).

So... knowing my current financial state, can I pull a pseudo-Martha Stewart in my holiday gift giving, on half of what I spent last year, in half the time, and still using my knack for homemade goodness and decoration? I'm sure as hell going to try. And part of that means that I'm going to have to try to rack up the hours and curb my 2nd cup of coffee addiction and bring my lunch to work every day. I feel like Mrs. Cratchit without my Tiny Tim.

I think, to make myself feel better and to show off to all of my friends, I'm going to begin to post journal-esque blog reports on my holiday progress.

For example...

Today, I was updating my holiday card mailing list. I have organized you and all of my other friends, co-workers, business associated, family members, et al, on a handy-dandy spreadsheet that I will mail merge soon. 1 task down, 99 more to go. Impressed? Yeah, you should be.

No comments: