10.17.2008

I'm a star

Well, not really. But I am going to get my "e-mail to the editor" published as "Letter of the Week" in the next issue of Time Out New York. I just found out this morning. Pretty nifty, huh!? I think so too.

I got on my soap box about their "Cause of the Week" segment because it talked about donating blood (a cause near and dear to my other). The article said everyone in good health can donate. As I am sure you remember, I had a not-too-recent online tirade about my feelings about gay men not being able to donate. Well, I let TONY have it, and reminded them of this oversight. And now, I'm going to be published for it.

I told you guys last time that I'd be participating in some sort of advocacy work towards overturning the ruling that bans gay men from donating. Step 1: getting the info out there. Every little bit helps. Girl's gotta start from somewhere.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

Tara, that's wonderful! I can't wait to read it.

ipj said...

Crap, I'm sorry I haven't read your blog for a while. I totally missed this. Do you have a link for it online? I went to TONY's website but couldn't find it. I'd really like to read it.