6.03.2009

oh, sweet mystery of life

I have about 40 posts to write, as it has be for-ev-va' since I've last graced my presence on this blog. But here's probably the most important topic of them all to write about.

If you were a fly on the wall, in the box office on Saturdays, you would be privy to what has turned into a game (reluctantly of sorts and pathetically for sure) for Isaac and I. Let's call it What Should We Do for Lunch?. It's named after the exact start of our diatribe. "What should we do for lunch?" "I don't know, what do you want." "I'm not sure. All I know is that I'm broke." "Me too. And I'm so tired of all of the options in this part of town." "Well, I'm not going to that suspect Cuban place you like." "Yeah? Well, I'm not going for your Thai place. I don't really like Thai, and I'm not impressed them like you are."

And so on and so on. It has been know to go on for hours. Literally.

Menupages.com and Seemlessweb.com are searched until our stomachs start rumbling and then we either give in to a standard option or we go our separate ways.

May have I found a solution? A site where others have done the work for us, by informing us of generally affordable places with good food that are within a decent walking distance of work? Are my eyes deceiving me?

Midtownlunch.com. I have seen it once before, but never really investigated the site. Today I did. And, to my wonderment, I think I am finally happy. It's a blog written by someone who works in the midtown area (though I believe the writer is a little more east than we are) and was trying to help others navigate the crazy world of a working-person's lunch hour on a working-person's budget. Reviews and updates of restaurants and takeout places are posted, and everything is searchable either by location, name, or cuisine. Brilliant!

Are the days of our endless decision making, that has caused us to be lost in the jungle of midtown lunch options, over? Ask us later. But for now, let me bask in my discovery and in the hope that, after all, there may be hope for us.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

OH MY GOD. This sounds amazing.