2.15.2009

to-day's to-do for to-morrow

I'm getting a head start on my list of tasks to accomplish tomorrow. They include:

1. working on one of a number of plays that I've been half writing for months now.
2. read a friend's play so I may comment on it with a questionable level of intelligence.
3. work (yes, it is a work day for me after all).
4. behave, behave, behave.
5. see immediately above and add "while being sober" after every verb.

I wonder how much I have ever accomplished off of any to do list. Perhaps the point is having your goals and desires out in the open. Perhaps my intentions will be realized if I know others are watching, so then next time they can say, "Tara, how's so-and s0 and whats-n-what working out," and then I can wallow a little deeper in my chronic case of embarrassment.

Perhaps it's a bigger issue I'm working on. I have a tendency to keep things to myself, and my lists, when I record them on my blog, are a small way of helping me towards expressing those things that would other wise be kept secret from everyone (6. remember to buy herpes medication).

While visiting my family recently, many people asked how I like it in New York. I said it was a little sad that I didn't have family nearby, but I was extremely lucky to have a very close circle of friends to make me happy. I'm very thankful that I feel close enough to those of you, who are regular readers, to be able to share what would not be on any list I would normally write.

No comments: